英语语病检查 Those graduates 翻译that equipped with these skills,such as hardworking,considera

姜堰区学年度第一学期期中调研测试高三英语试题
(考试时间:120分钟;总分:120分)
命题人:扶国英;审核人:胡春林
注意事项:
1、本试卷共分两部分,第Ⅰ卷为选择题,第Ⅱ卷为非选择题。
2、所有试题的答案均填写在答题纸上,答案写在试卷上的无效。
第I卷& (三部分,共85分)
第一部分 听力 (共两节,满分20分)
第一节& (共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)
&&& 听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
例:How much does the shirt cost?
A. £19.15&&&&& B. £9.15&&&&&& C. £9.50
1. How does the man plan to find a used car?
A. Through a car dealer.&&& &&&&&& B. On the Internet. &&&&&& C. From the newspaper.
2. Where is the man going?
A. To a supermarket.& &&& &&&&&& B. To the woman&s. &&& C. To a park.&&&&
3. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. A book.& &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. A writer.&&&& &&&&&&& C. A bookstore.
4. What season is it now?
A. Spring.&& &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. Autumn.&&&& &&&&&&& C. Winter.
5. What present has the man bought?
A. A book. &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Some flowers.&& &&& C. A pair of gloves.
第二节& (共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
&&& 听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。
6. What are the speakers doing?
A. Interviewing a champion.& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Reporting a match live.&
C. Talking about a new world record.
7. What do we know about Paul Timmons?
A. He breaks a world record. && &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. He is talented in competing.
C. He isn&t in the lead all the time.
听第7段材料,回答第8、9题。
8. What is the woman probably?
A. A writer.&&&&& &&&&&&&&& &&& B. A reporter. &&&&&& &&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. A tour guide.
9. What is on the man&s right?
A. A statue.&&&&& &&&&&&&&& &&& B. A park.&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& & C. A palace.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
10. When did the man buy the T-shirt?
A. Yesterday.& &&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. A couple of days ago.&&&&&& &&&&&& C. A few weeks ago.
11. Why does the man want to change the T-shirt?&&&&&
A. He wants a bigger size.&&&&&& B. He doesn&t like the style.& C. He prefers another color.
12. What will the woman do next?
A. Change the T-shirt for the man.&&&&&&&&&& B. Have a word with her manager.
C. Give the man&s money back.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
13. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Mother and son.& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Wife and husband.&&&& && C. Employer and employee.
14. What does the woman advise the man to do?
A. Balance the budget.&&&& &&&&&& B. Buy a cheaper guitar. &&&&&& C. Find another job.
15. What is the man&s problem?
A. He can&t join a band.&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. He can&t make ends meet.
C. He can&t find a satisfying job.
16. How does the man feel about the woman&s words?
A. Impatient.&&& &&&&&& & &&&&&& B. Embarrassed. && &&&&&&&&&& C. Disappointed.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
17. What prize did the youngest group get?
A. The second prize. &&&&&& &&&&&& B. The third prize.& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. The fourth prize.
18. What should Eastside practise more?
A. The dance.&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. The music. &&&&&&&& &&&& C. The song.
19. Why did The Storm win the first prize?
A. They danced wonderfully.&&&&&&&&&&& B. The guitarist played very well.
C. The singer performed perfectly.
20. What kind of person is the speaker?
A. Humorous.&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Serious.&&&& &&&&&&& &&&&&& C. Boring.
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)
第一节& 单项选择(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C及D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. ---Why do you look so happy?
&& ---I&m relieved to find the ________ of the problem which has troubled me long.
A. judgment&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. settlement&& &&&&&& C. assessment& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. attachment
22. ________ their size and population, which two cities do you think are among the most important cities in China?
A. In favor of && &&&&&& B. In case of&& &&&&&& C. In view of& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. In terms of
23. On October 16, Lv Yitao was appointed director of 2016 Spring Festival Gala, which is not the first time he ________ in charge of the CCTV gala.
& A. will be&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. was&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. has been&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. had been
24. You&d better leave out anything, when writing your resume(简历), ________ is thought unnecessary or misleading.
& A. that &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. what&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. which &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. 不填
25. Judging from the teacher&s sharp words, it&s ________ that he is not in the least satisfied with the results of the surprise test.
& A. desperate&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. apparent&&&& &&&&&& C. unique&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. casual
26. It is reported that the driver of the truck, ________ to be fully responsible for the accident, has been under arrest.
& A. considered&&&& &&&&&& B. to consider &&&&&& C. being considered&&&&&& &&&&&& D. considering
27. ---The woman drove her car into a hotel in Wuhan on October 20, but she is all right now.
---What a lucky dog! She _________ herself badly.
A. should injure&&&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. could have injured&&
C. should have injured&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& &&&&&& D. might injure
28. He now understands how important developing good sleep habits is, ________ from sleep
&& disorders for years.
A. suffering&&&&&&&&&&&& B. having suffered& C. to suffer&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && D. suffered
29. Some popular energy drinks, such as Monster and Red Bull, in experts& opinion, can ________ cause heart problems and other life-threatening conditions.
A. potentially &&&&&&&&&& B. absolutely &&&&&&&&&C. completely &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. definitely
30. The lady repeated her question several times, but I still couldn&t ________, which made her annoyed.
& A. count on &&&&&& &&&&&& B. catch&on && &&&&&& C. turn on&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. take on
31. What Tom&s parents really doubt is ________ he will recover from the serious disease soon.
& A. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. when&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. whether&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. how
32. Jack has made outstanding contributions to the company&I bet that he ________ get promoted this year.
& A. is possible to&&&& B. is bound to &&&&&& C. is unlikely to&&&& &&&&&& D. is about to
33. ________ the remains of five emperors, their wives and other royal family members.
& A. In Dongling are buried& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Burying in Dongling are
C. Buried in Dongling have&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. Buried in Dongling are
34. ---How did you find your long vacation on the small island?
---I did enjoy it, for it ________ me plenty of time for reflection.
& A. allocated &&&&& &&&&&& B. associated&& &&&&&& C. afforded&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. affected
35. ---Can I really get an apple 6 plus as a reward if I win the competition?
&& --- Absolutely! ________.
& A. So will you&&&&&&&&&& B. It all depends&&&&&&&&&&& C. I mean it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. That&s all right
第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
请认真阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Throughout my life, I have had many different experiences that have taught me useful life lessons, encouraged me to push forward through adversity(逆境), and helped prepare me for my future attempts. I want to use the __36__ I was blessed with to help encourage others. Everyone faces __37__ on a daily basis. They need someone to see __38__ and guide them in the right direction.
I am blessed to have people who have loved and __39__ me throughout my life. This gives me a greater __40__ to do the same for others. In my opinion, fighting through adversity is a challenge, but very __41__ when accomplished.
When I was nine years old, my teacher and physician diagnosed me with dyslexia(诵读困难症) and memory problems. The thought of being __42__ scared me. I did not want to feel __43__ or dumb. Over the years I have been able to __44__ it with the help of others. This taught me how to work __45__ for things that are importantto me. I may put in double the hours and get the same __46__ as someone else, but that has __47__ my character. I __48__ at a special needs camp every summer. This is a place for them to feel loved and __49__. Through my trials I __50__ patience to improve my abilities as a counselor.
I chose to work at the Preschool at my church and I have got __51__ to encourage four to six year old children. Weekly we encourage teamwork, sharing, and good behavior. These __52__ things, which may seem not serious at all, develop respect among each other.
Loving and helping others can __53__ the negative of a lower salary that __54__ often meet with. I believe it is more important to spend your time in a meaningful job than to work for a high income. I am looking forward to the educational classes in college and __55__the skills to inspire children to develop a love for learning.
36. A. plans&& &&&&& &&&&&& B. gifts&& &&&& &&&&&& C. dreams&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. ideas
37. A. changes&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. choices&&&&&& &&&&&& C. chances&&& &&&&& &&&&&& D. trials
38. A. possibilities &&&&&& &&&&&& B. expectations&&&&&& C. benefits&&& &&&&& &&&&&& D. problems
39. A. respected& & &&&&&& B. praised& && &&&&&& C. encouraged&&& &&&&&& D. understood
40. A. desire&& && & &&&&&& B. pressure&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. decision&&& &&&& &&&&&& D. limit
41. A. difficult&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. ordinary& &&&&&& C. boring&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. rewarding
42. A. different&& &&&&&& B. bitter&& &&& &&&&&& C. aggressive& && & &&&&&& D. disappointing
43. A. left off &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. left alone& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. left out&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. left around
44. A. realize& && & &&&&&& B. overcome &&&&&& C. underline&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. ignore
45. A. out&&&&&& & &&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. together& & &&&&&& C. up&&&&& &&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. hard
46. A. result&& &&&& &&&&&& B. reason&& && &&&&&& C. point&& &&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. right
47. A. lost&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. built&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. shared&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. suited
48. A. relax&& &&&&& &&&&&& B. recover&&&&& &&&&&& C. serve&&& && &&&&&& &&&&&& D. exercise
49. A. content&& && &&&&&& B. normal&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. bright &&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. fortunate
50. A. evaluated&&&& &&&&&& B. required&&&& &&&&&& C. trained&& & &&&&&& &&&&&& D. developed
51. A. activities&& &&&&&& B. places& &&&& &&&&&& C. opportunities&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. challenges
52. A. little&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. strange& && &&&&&& C. natural&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. modern
53. A. simplify&&&&&& &&&&&& B. understand& &&&& C. beat&&& &&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. discover
54. A. nurses&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. waiters&&& &&&&&& C. teachers&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D. cleaners
55. A. explaining&&& && & B. requiring& &&&&&& &&&&&& C. displaying& && & &&&&&& D. learning
第三部分:阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
请认真阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
My 18-month-old son, Adam, called from the front door. &Look, Mama! Doggie!& I dropped what I was doing and stuck my head out of the door. Brandy, our next-door neighbor&s 11-year-old dog, was over again. &Go away!& I shouted.
Brandy&s owner had died about a month earlier. The woman&s family had emptied the house and stuck a &For Sale& sign in the front yard, but the family had left old Brandy behind. For weeks, she&d been wandering around the neighborhood.
It wasn&t that I disliked dogs or anything like that. I just didn&t think about them very much. I never had a dog growing up and had never thought to get one.
Brandy went away and I stayed outside with Adam. Then the phone rang. I went inside to take the call. When I came back, Adam was gone. I searched the yard, front and back, then the basketball court and public pool. No trace of him. I was so nervous that I ran home and called the police, then my husband.
Police searched the neighborhood. Suddenly I heard another sound: a dog barking. &It&s coming from the woods.& one of my neighbors said.We followed the barking to a wooded cliff. There we found my son, and he was just inches away from the edges of the cliff, fast asleep.
Brandy was beside him, leaning against him to keep him away from the edge. When I picked Adam up, Brandy sank down on her side, breathing quickly. She must have been holding Adam there for hours!
I thanked the police and brought Adam and Brandy back to our house. She hesitated a moment on our doorstep, no doubt remembering the time I&d driven her away.
&Come on, girl.& I said. &This is your home now.& Brandy stepped in, and once she saw she was really welcome, she relaxed and lay down on the floor just inside the door. She&d done a great thing, and I wondered if she knew it. She&d certainly touched me in a way that no animal ever had.&&
What a pity a dog like Brandy had been left behind!
56.&What&did&the&woman&do&when&she&first&saw&Brandy?
A.&She&drove&her&away.&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B.&She&gave&her&some&food.
C.&She&took&her&home.&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D.&She&said&thank&you&to&her.&
57.&How&were&they&able&to&be&aware&that&the&woman&s&son&was&near&the&cliff?
A.&By&searching&the&neighborhood.&& &&&&&& B.&By&hearing&her&son&s&crying.
C.&By&following&a&dog&s&footsteps.&&& &&&&&& D.&By&hearing&a&dog&barking.&
Thousands of taxi drivers in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, reportedly blocked streets with their vehicles on Sunday in protest against unlicensed vehicles using taxi-hiring apps (打车软件) and apps-based car rental companies providing passenger services, including high-end cars. Although the drivers also complained about the withdrawal of the fuel subsidy(补贴) by the government, their main complaint was the loss of business because of the rising number of Internet-based car services companies.
On Wednesday, news reports came that Beijing transport authorities will take measures to stop the illegal &taxi business& of private cars through the newly rising Internet apps, following the footsteps of Shenyang and Nanjing.
It is not yet clear how the Shenyang city government will handle the issue and whether it will declare the services offered by market leaders such as Didi Dache, a taxi-hiring app provider backed by Tencent Holdings, and Kuaidi Dache illegal. But Shanghai transport regulators have set a rule, by banning Didi Zhuanche, or car services offered by Didi Dache in December.
Such regulations will cause a setback to the car-hiring companies and investors that are waiting to cash in on the potentially booming business. Just last month, Didi Dache got $700 million in funding from global investors, including Singapore state investment company Temasek Holdings, Russian investment company DST Global and Tencent. Besides, the market is uncertain that Kuaidi Dache is about to finalize its latest round of funding after getting $800 million from global investors.
Regulatory uncertainties, however, could cast a shadow on the future of the Internet-based car-hiring services, which have become popular in most of China&s big cities. To be fair, these companies& business model is anything but bad. For example, Didi Zhuanche works side by side with established car rental companies to provide high-end car service mainly for businesspeople through the Internet and mobile phone apps.
Every link in this business model chain has legal companies and services. Therefore, it is hard to define it as illegal and ban it.&&
58.&Why&did&taxi&drivers&in&Shenyang&block&the&streets&with&their&vehicles?
A.&Because&they&wanted&the&authority&to&increase&their&driving&allowances.
B.&Because&they&wanted&to&be&taught&how&to&use&the&taxi-hiring&apps.
C.&Because&they&wanted&to&appeal&to&passengers&not&to&hire&the&private&cars.
D.&Because&they&wanted&to&make&their&main&complaints&known&to&the&authority.
59.&The&author&s&attitude&to&banning&internet&car-hiring&service&is __________.
A.&positive&&&&&& &&&&&& B.&negative&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C.&neutral&&&&&&&& &&& D.&unclear
60.&We can learn from the passage that __________.
A. Shenyang forbade apps-based car rental companies
B. Shanghai is the second city banning Didi Zhuanche
C. it is not difficult to picture the apps-based car rental companies illegal
D. some international investment companies have strong faith in the future of apps-based car rental companies
Engineers should embrace(接受) the arts, Sir John O&Reilly, a fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, argued in a lecture.
About 59% of engineering companies in the IET&s 2014 survey feared skill shortages could threaten business.
&There is nothing as creative as engineering,& Sir John told the reporter. He says science, technology, engineering and mathematics&often known as &Stem& subjects, are vital for a modern knowledge economy. But there is a massive shortfall in the number of recruits(招聘)& with a recent study by the Royal Academy of Engineering saying the UK needs to increase by as much as 50% the number of Stem graduates it produces.
Delivering this year&s Mountbatten Lecture at the Royal Institution, Sir John argued that engineers should recognise the role of the arts in their work& this could attract more people into the profession. The lecture, Full Steam Ahead for Growth, advocated a wider adoption&Steam, or science, technology, engineering, arts and maths. Engineers should embrace the arts as being key to creativity and an important component of innovation(创新), important to creating new products and boosting future competitiveness, he argued. &Engineering and technology is an increasingly diverse and creative field,& said Sir John.
Some university engineering departments already cooperated with art schools to develop understanding, he told the reporter. In particular he mentioned Cranfield University&s Centre for Creative Competitive Design and Imperial College&s work with the Royal College of Art. The two sets of people could work well together and more emphasis on the creative side of engineering could improve the success of products, he said.
&Aesthetics(美学) is part of it,& he told the reporter, adding that Apple&s iPod was not the first digital media player, nor the only one that worked&but it came to dominate the market &because it was nice to have&.
Sir John said he was not suggesting universities started requiring A-level art from engineering applicants&the key subjects for admission would continue to be maths and the sciences. But an emphasis on creative skills would help &broaden the pool and attract more people in&.
61. According to a recent study by the Royal Academy __________.
A. skill shortages could threaten business
B. engineering graduates are not as creative as expected
C. there are not enough arts graduates produced in the UK.
D. the UK needs more graduates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
62. According to the lecture Full Steam Ahead for Growth, __________.
A. engineers should cooperate with arts majors
B. accepting the arts could attract more people into engineering
C. engineers should realize arts play the most important part in their work
D. engineering and technology is as diverse and creative as before
63. By giving the example of Apple&s iPod, Sir John intends to __________.
A. stress the importance of arts& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. stress the importance of marketing
C. stress the importance of communication
D. stress the importance of science and technology
64. What is the passage mainly about?
A. Lackof creativity makes it difficult for the engineering major to find a satisfactory job.
B. The key subjects for engineering majors remain to be maths and the sciences rather than&arts.
C. University engineering departments should cooperate with art schools to improve the success of products.
D. Engineering needs to emphasize its creative side to encourage more young people to choose it as a career.
One day one of my self-proclaimed(自称的) Month of Gratitude, my five-year-old son woke up &bored& at 5:15 a.m., I spied a speeding ticket in my wife&s purse, and our water heater spluttered to its death as I was getting into the shower. Ordinarily, I would have started complaining and the day would have been off to an ugly start. But this day was different. How cute my child&s dimples (酒窝) are. How fetching my wife&s taste for adventure. Only 29 days to go.
Just a week earlier, as I struggled with the feeling that I&d been put on this earth to load and unload the dishwasher, I&d decided it was time to end my reflexive complaining. But it wasn&t simply the little things that were annoying me. All of a sudden, my friends were dealing with bad news&cancer diagnoses, divorce, job loss. Shouldn&t I be celebrating my relative good fortune?
I&d heard about the feel-good benefits of a gratitude attitude. Hoping for tips, I called professor Emmons, who pioneered research on the benefits of positive thinking. Emmons quoted new studies that indicated that even pretending to be thankful raises levels of the chemicals associated with pleasure and contentment. He recommended keeping a log of everything I&m grateful for in a given week or month.
I followed his suggestions, but my first attempts at keeping a gratitude list were pretty weak: coffee, naps, caffeine in general. As my list grew, I found more uplift: freshl the Beatles& White A that I&m not bald.
By day three, I was on a tear, thanking every grocery bagger and parent on the playground like I&d just won an Oscar and hanging Post-it notes to remind myself of the next day&s thank-you targets: the mailman, my son&s math teacher. But soon, the full-on approach started to burn me out. &&&&
Researchers call it the Pledge of Allegiance(效忠誓言) effect. &If you overdo gratitude, it loses its meaning or, worse, becomes a chore,& professor Emmons told me when I mentioned my low spirits. Be selective, he advised, and focus on thanking the unsung heroes in your life.
Then professor Emmons suggested a &gratitude visit.& Think of a person who has made a major difference in your life and whom you&ve never properly thanked. Compose a detailed letter to him or her that expresses your appreciation in concrete terms, then read it aloud, face-to-face.
I immediately flashed on Miss Riggi, my eighth-grade English teacher. She was the first one to open my eyes to Hemingway, Faulkner, and other literary giants. To this day, I am guided by her advice (&Never be boring&). I booked plane tickets to my hometown, Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Miss Riggi was shorter than I remember, though unmistakable with her still long, black hair and bright, intelligent eyes. After a slightly awkward hug and small talk, we settled in. I took a deep breath and read.
&I want to thank you in person for the impact you&ve had on my life,& I began. &Nearly 30 years ago, you introduced my eighth-grade class to the wonders of the written word. Your passion for stories and characters and your enthusiasm for words made me realize there was a world out there that made sense to me.& And whether it was Miss Riggi&s enormous smile when I finished the letter, or the way she held it close as we said goodbye, my feeling of peace and joy remained long after I returned home.
Since then, I have written several more gratitude letters, and my wife and I both summon our &training& when we feel saddened by life. The unpleasant matters are still there, but appreciation, I&ve learned, has an echo&and it&s loud enough to drown out the complaints in a low tone of one man emptying the dishwasher.
65. The author didn&t start complaining when he met with unpleasant experiences because __________.
A. he thought the day was different from before
B. it was one of his self-proclaimed day of Gratitude
C. his son became more cute and his wife more adventurous
D. he could manage these little unhappy things in life
66. According to the passage, what did Professor Emmons propose to have a gratitude attitude?
A. Making oneself appear to be grateful.& &&&&&&
B. Keeping a detailed dairy.
C. Thinking positively in a given time.
D. Recording everything appreciated for a certain time.
67. According to the context, &gratitude visit& in Paragraph 6 refers to __________.
A. visiting someone with a detailed letter
B. calling on someone with an appreciated letter
C. seeing someone you owe gratitude to&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
D. seeing someone personally
68. The author&s reunion with his English teacher, Miss Riggi, shows that __________.
A.the author was desperate to see his teacher
B. his teacher had great impact on him
C. his teacher still had a deep impression of the author
D. the author wanted to testify the professor&s proposal
69. The last paragraph shows that __________.
A. professor Emmons& suggestions were effective to the author
B. professor Emmons& suggestions were unpractical to the author
C. the author and his wife learn how to show gratitude to others
D. professor Emmons& suggestions were considered as unacceptable
70. Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage?
A. How to pay a gratitude visit. &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B. How to make matters differently.
C. How to be thankful and improve your life.& D. How to become an appreciated man.
第II卷(两部分;共35分)
第四部分 &任务型阅读 (共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。
You may think kids are getting more homework than ever before. If so, think again. A new study released by Brookings& Brown Center on Education Policy shows that today&s students have no more homework than their parents did when they were in school. Numerous articles and reports over the past few decades have suggested America&s schools are overloading kids with more and more homework. But the Brookings study argues the opposite: homework loads have not changed over the past 30 years.
The study&s author, Tom Loveless, reviewed surveys taken by kids and parents about how much homework young students have. The results showed that the typical elementary student has 30-45 minutes of homework each night. The average high-schooler has about an hour. These numbers have remained the same since 1984.
In a set of guidelines published by the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA), the amount of time students should spent on homework is their grade level multiplied by ten minutes. For example, a third-grader should have 30 minutes of homework, a fifth-grader 50 minutes, and so on. Loveless, who was a sixth-grade teacher in the 1980s, says this system has stayed consistent into the 21st century.
One change that occurred over the past three decades, however, is among 9-year-olds&the average age of a third-grader. In 1984, more 9-year-olds had no homework at all, versus today. &What&s happened is, there were a number of kids at age 9 who had no homework in 1984, but now that number does have some homework,& Loveless told TFK. &Though it is a little amount of work, it is still an increase in the amount of time spent on homework for third-graders.&
Homework is an important part of a student&s education. Some teachers argue that homework prepares kids for state tests and for college. They worry that a lighter homework load will put kids at a disadvantage. &Homework has benefits that go well beyond what&s going on in school,& says Harris Cooper, a University of Missouri psychology professor who has studied homework&s effect on test scores. Kids learn to be organized, manage their time and master new skills without a teacher&s help.
Teachers give two reasons for assigning a lot of homework. First, they say, the government now requires schools to meet higher-than-ever achievement goals for students. Second, they know many parents want their children to be able to get into the nation&s best colleges and universities. These parents believe homework is a way to ensure students are learning at their full capacity.
People who favor homework argue that it can have many other beneficial effects. They claim it can help students develop good study habits, and recognize that learning can occur at home as well as at school.
Too much homework?
Traditional thought
Kids in America are overloaded with (71)__________ amounts of homework.
The (72)__________ of a new study
Homework loads now remain the (73)__________ as what they were 30 years ago.
Data related to homework
&On average, the elementary student (74)__________ 30-45 minutes on homework each night and the high-schooler about an hour.
&According to the PTA, students& grade level multiplied by 10 minutes (75)__________ the amount of time they should spend on homework.
&(76)__________ with what it was in 1984, third-graders have some homework now.
The (77)__________ of homework
&Homework (78)__________ kids for state tests and college.
&Homework helps kids to be organized, manage time and master new skills.
&A lot of homework enables students to meet higher-than-ever achievement goals for students.
& Homework ensures students try their (79)__________ to learn.
& Homework helps with the (80)__________ of good study habits.
第五部分& 书面表达(满分25分)
One day a farmer complained to his wife, &You&re lazy at home. You work slowly and waste too much time.&
Having heard this, his wife was very angry and shouted at her husband, &You are wrong. Stay at home tomorrow. I will go to the field to do your work there. But will you finish my work at home?& &Fine,& the farmer said happily.
&And you should milk the cow, feed the pigs, clean the tools, take care of our hen and spin the yarn (纺纱).& The wife added.
The next day, the woman went to the field, while the farmer stayed at home. He took up a vessel and went to milk the cow. When he tried to do it, he received a good kick from the cow. Then he went to the pig house and his head hit against the wall, making him feel painful. At last he went to feed the hen but forgot to spin the yarn.
【写作内容】
1、以约30词概括以上短文的内容;
2、以约120词就&各司其职(Everyone has his/her own part to play)&这一主题发表你的感想和看法,内容包括:
(1) 你对上述故事寓意的理解;
(2) 你认为作为学生该如何做好自己该做的事情;
(3) 你对&各司其职&的看法。
【写作要求】&&&
1、在作文中可以使用自己亲身的经历或虚构的故事,也可以参照阅读材料的内容,但不得直接引用原文中的句子;
2、作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。
Everyone has his/her own part to play
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
高三英语试题参考答案
1&5 CABBA& 6&10 BCCAC& 11&15 CBAAB&&&&& 16&20 ACBCA
21&25 BDCAB&& 26&30 ABBAB& 31&35 CBDCC
36&40 BDACA& &41&45 DACBD&& 46&50 ABCBD& &51&55 CACCD
56&57&AD&&&58&60 DBD && 61&64 DBAD&& 65&70 BBCBAC
71. increasing/growing& 72. finding/result&&& && 73. same&&& 74. spends&&& 75. equals
76. Compared&& && &&&&&& 77. importance/benefits/significance&&&& 78. prepares
79. best&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& 80. development
书面表达:
One possible version:
A farmer complained about his wife&s working slowly and wasting time. However, when playing her part and doing her housework instead, he met with various difficulties and couldn&t do the job well.
According to the story, everyone shall do their duties, otherwise how awful it would be! So it is necessary for us to make the best use of our advantages and avoid our disadvantages.
As students, we must regard learning as our first duty. We should read widely and lay a solid foundation for further study. Of course, we should be diligent and learn from each other so as to become an independent and critical-thinking person in the future.
Indeed, everyone has her or his own part to play. Each part for us to play well will make our life or the world better and better. Just as the famous saying goes, &All for one, and one for all.&
听力录音材料:
W: Why don&t you go to a dealer to check out the used cars?
M: No, thanks. I&m sure I&ll find an ad in the newspaper that suits me.
M: Hi, Jane. Could you give me a ride? I want to buy some food for the picnic.
W: OK. I&m going home but I can drop you at the supermarket.
M: Have you heard that Nick Hornby&s going to be at the City Nights Bookstore?
W: Nick Hornby? I love his books. What&s he doing there?
M: Giving a talk about his new novel How to Be Good.
W: Nice weather we&re having.
M: Yes. Isn&t it a nice surprise? At this time it&s usually much cooler and raining already.
W: Well, this weather wi all the leaves on the trees are brown, and it&s been pretty cold at night.
W: Is the book in this bag for Mum? I didn&t think she was interested in flowers.
M: I thought she&d like it & to give her some good ideas for the garden.
W: I thought you were going to get those gloves I showed you in that shop last Saturday.
W: Here they come, Steve. It&s the final 50 metres.
M: Yes, and Ricky Evans is in the lead.
W: He sure is.
M: But here comes Paul Timmons! Wow! Look at him go!
W: It&s very close & and & It&s Timmons! Paul Timmons is the new European champion! Timmons wins gold!
M: A great gold medal!
W: & and in record time, too!
M: Wow! Is that a new world record?
W: No, but it&s a new European record!
M: An excellent performance by Paul Timmons!
W: This is the most beautiful palace in the city, but it&s not as big as the one we&ve just visited.
M: How many palaces are there in the city?
M: Just three? I thought there are more.
W: On your right, you can see a statue of Paulo Pimentez.
M: I&m sorry. Who&s he?
W: He was a famous writer who lived and died in the city.
M: I think I saw another statue of him in the park. It was beautiful!
W: That wasn&t a statue of Paulo Pimentez you saw in the park. There are a lot of statues in the city.
W: Can I help you?
M: Yes, I bought the T-shirt in the sale here a couple of weeks ago. I think it was &
W: I see, yes &
M: And I&ve only worn it a few times, but when I looked at it yesterday I just thought, no, I don&t like it. I don&t think it suits me. The colour&s not really right for me. Do you know what I mean?
W: Well & um, do you have any receipt, or proof of purchase?
M: No, no, I didn&t keep the receipt, sorry.
W: Well, we can&t normally exchange goods without proof of purchase, you see.
W: I can speak to the manager if you like, see what he says.
M: Well yes, if you would & because I would like to change it.
M: I&m broke again. Could you lend me some money?
W: Broke again? Jeff, this is the third time you&ve asked me for help!
M: I know, I&m sorry. But my old guitar broke, and I had to buy a new one.
W: Look Jeff, if you want to play in a band, that&s OK with me, but you can&t keep asking me to pay for it!
M: OK, OK, you&re right. But what do you think I ought to do?
W: Well, I think you had better go on a budget. Make a list of all your income and all your expenses. Don&t spend more than you earn.
M: But my expenses are always larger than my income.
W: Then maybe you should work more hours at the computer store.
M: I already work 15 hours a week! Maybe I should just drop out of school, work full-time, and play in the band in the evenings.
W: Come on, Jeff, when I was your age &
M: I know, I know. When you were my age you were already married and working and going to school &
W: Thank you to all the competitors. I won&t say much because I know you&re all anxious to hear the results & it was a very difficult decision and I&ll start with the band which came in fourth. That&s Texas Team, who are the youngest group here today. Unfortunately, the violinist played so quietly that we couldn&t hear him. So bad luck to Texas Team. Third was Eastside. They are such good dancers they should enter for a dance competition. And with a bit more practice on the music they&ll do very well. In second place is Third Avenue. They did well, especially their young guitarist, but the singer looked so unhappy we thought maybe he didn&t want to win! Never mind & you nearly won, so better luck next time. Congratulations to The Storm who are our winners today. The singer had such a great voice that we had to give them first place. Well done.
喜欢数:0|人气:5311|评论数:0
阅读本话题的考友还阅读了以下话题:
我要模考网举报
如果您对此用户上传有任何意见,请填写以下相关的意见或建议给我们,我们会认真处理每个意见或建议,谢谢您的参与!
举报信息:
该上传内容答案有错
该上传侵犯版权

我要回帖

更多关于 white graduates 的文章

随机推荐