this is terrible 2,the king wha shall I d

It dark . Shall I turn on the light ? A. will get B .gets C. is getting D. has got——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
It dark . Shall I turn on the light ? A. will get B .gets C. is getting D. has got 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
短文填空从下面方框中选出10个单词,用它们的适当形式填入短文空格内。使短文意思正确、通顺(每词限用一次)。
  What's the real meaning of the word“peace”?The   1   story may tell us something about it.
  There was once a king who offered an award to an artist who could paint the   2   picture of peace.Many   3   tried.The king looked at all the pictures.But there were only two he really liked and he had to choosebetween them.
  One picture was a calm lake.The lake was a perfect thing for peace because of the high mountains around it.Overhead was a blue sky with white clouds.  4   who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.
  The other picture had mountains too.But they were rugged(高低不平的).Above was the dark sky, from which heavy rain fell.A waterfall was rushing down the side of the mountain.This did not look   5   at all.But when the king looked   6  , he found behind the waterfall a very small bush   7   in the midst 在…中)of the waterfall and a mother bird sitting on her nest(鸟窝)in perfect peace.
  The king gave the award to the artist who painted the   8   picture.Why?“Because,”explained the king,“peace does not mean   9   in a place where there is no   10  , no trouble or hard work.Peace means in the midst of all those things, you're still calm in your heart.That's the real meaning of peace.”
What do you do if you're stranded(处于困境的)on a lonely island? Surely you need to find a way to get in touch with the outside world. Your best chance of doing this is to draw the attention of a passing plane.  Body signals(信号)  Pilots from different countries understand body signals if they have the correct training. When you wave your arms up and down in a straight line, it means "yes". When you point downwards and swing your arm from side to side, it means "no". If you want the pilot to know that it's safe to land, push your hands out in front of you and bend(弯曲)your knees. If you want to say that it's not safe to land, put your arms in the air and move them to one side.  Smoke signals  The smoke from a fire can be seen from far away, so it's a good way to draw attention. If the weather is dry, it isn't hard to start a fire. Remember, however, that fires can be very dangerous if they get out of control. Never light a fire unless you're sure that it can't spread. If the ground is dark, light smoke can be seen more easily. Green grass and leaves produce light smoke.  Ground-to-air signals  It's a good idea to build some signals, too. Use large pieces of wood to make the symbols(标记). If you can't find any wood, use earth. Some useful symbols are:  F "I need food and water."  II "I need medicine."  I "I am badly hurt."  X" I am unable to move from here."  Pilots' replies  If the pilot lowers the plane's wings from side to side, this means "message received and understood". (At night, the pilot flashes the plane's green lights.) If the pilots flies the plane in a clockwise circle, this means "message received but not understood".(At night, the pilot flashes the plane's red lights.)However, there is no signal which means "message not received". Why not?【小题1】 Which picture means "it's not safe land"? 【小题2】 What can we learn from the passage?A.Swinging your arm from side to side means "yes".B.If the ground is dark, light smoke can't be seen.C.If you need some medicine, make a symbol "II".D.The pilots make replies with a blue light at night.  【小题3】 What is the passage mainly about?A.The explanation of building signals on an island.B.The importance of making signals on an island.C.Ways of sending out signals on a lonely island.D.Ways of receiving signals from a lonely island
It’s not easy to be an astronaut’s son. Everybody expects you to be special or perfect. I often wonder how my father ever had a son like me. I mean he’s so special and so good at everything he does. Even in middle school he was class president and captain of the football team.  Well, to be honest, I often dream about being some kind of hero or doing something special—like saving a child from a burning building or discovering a new star. I was daydreaming at school one morning when my teacher said there would be a Father’s Day writing competition for the whole school. “I hope we have a winner right here in my class.”  When I got home, I started to think about what to write. My father is an astronaut. N0, I wouldn’t start like that. That was the way others saw him. How did I see my father? Hmm.  I saw him sitting with me in the dark when I had a terrible dream. I remembered how he hugged me for hours when my dog Spotty was killed by a car. Yes, these were the things I was going to write. To me, he wasn’t just a world-famous astronaut. He was my dad.   My parents and I went to school on Thursday night.There were so many people in the big hall! My dad looked at me, and I shrugged(耸肩).  The third prize was announced and it was not me. I was relieved(释然)and disappointed at the same time. The second prize was announced. It was me.  1 went up to the stage and read what I had written, “My father’s son”. When I finished, the people stood up and cheered. I saw my father blowing his nose. Tears were running down my mother's face. Dad cleared his throat and put his hand on my shoulder. “Son, this is the proudest moment of my life.’’  It was the proudest moment of my life, too. Maybe I’ll never be a great hero or win a Nobel Prize, but it was enough just to be my father’s son. 【小题1】The writer felt it_________ to be the son of a famous person.A.1ucky B.naturalC.hard D.pleasant【小题2】In order to_________ the writer would like to save a child from a burning building.A.become astronautB.become a great heroC.be made school team captain D.be made class president【小题3】What did the boy probably write in his composition?A.A lot of special things he had done.B.The story of his father as an astronaut.C.The unforgettable time he spent with his father.D.The experiences his father had in middle school.【小题4】What is the best title for the passage?A.My daydream B.My father’s sonC.My famous fatherD.My happy family
When you look up into the sky at night, have you everfelt that your eyes are playing tricks on (捉弄) you? Itseems that the stars are moving all the time.Actually, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Thistwinkling effect is called scintillation (交光).Scintillation happens because of air movements in the earth’s atmosphere (大气). Light is “bent (弯曲的)” when ittravels through different parts of the earth’s atmosphere. As the air in theearth’s atmosphere is moving all the time, the light from the stars looks as ifit is moving too.The same thing also happens to things on the ground.On a very hot and shiny day, if you look at the road, the image in the distanceis not clear and things move slightly. You can also see the same effect if youdrop a rock into water. The rock appears a little unclear under the movingwater.This twinkling effect causes a lot of problems forastronomers (天文学家) since they cannot observe thestars clearly. A telescope (望远镜) was sent into spaceso that the air movements in the atmosphere could be avoided (避免). It took a long time to build the space telescopebut finally in 1990, a huge space telescope called the Hubble Space Telescopewas successfully sent into space. Since then, astronomers have many importantobservations that have helped people understand space better.根据短文内容,选择最佳选项。 (10分)1.What happens to the light from the stars we see whenthe air in the earth’s atmosphere is moving? A.It looks evenbrighter.B.It looks asif it is bent.C.It looks asif it is moving.D.It looks likedrops of rain.2.Scintillation also happens on      according to the passage. A.rainy days&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.shiny daysC.cloudy days&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.windy days3.What can you see when you drop a rock into thewater? A.The rock getsbroken.B.The rockbecomes unclear.C.The waterbecomes much polluted.D.The waterdoes not move anymore.4.The underlined word “observe” means “    ”.A.watch&&&&&&&&&&& B.listen&&&&&&&&&&&& C.draw&&&&&&&&&&&& D.explain5.Why is scintillation a problem for astronomers? A.The starsnever stay still.B.It makes thestars too dark to see.C.It makesastronomers feel too hot to work.D.Astronomerscannot observe the stars clearly.&
What do you do if you're stranded(处于困境的)on a lonely island? Surely you need to find a way to get in touch with the outside world. Your best chance of doing this is to draw the attention of a passing plane.  Body signals(信号)  Pilots from different countries understand body signals if they have the correct training. When you wave your arms up and down in a straight line, it means "yes". When you point downwards and swing your arm from side to side, it means "no". If you want the pilot to know that it's safe to land, push your hands out in front of you and bend(弯曲)your knees. If you want to say that it's not safe to land, put your arms in the air and move them to one side.  Smoke signals  The smoke from a fire can be seen from far away, so it's a good way to draw attention. If the weather is dry, it isn't hard to start a fire. Remember, however, that fires can be very dangerous if they get out of control. Never light a fire unless you're sure that it can't spread. If the ground is dark, light smoke can be seen more easily. Green grass and leaves produce light smoke.  Ground-to-air signals  It's a good idea to build some signals, too. Use large pieces of wood to make the symbols(标记). If you can't find any wood, use earth. Some useful symbols are:  F "I need food and water."  II "I need medicine."  I "I am badly hurt."  X" I am unable to move from here."  Pilots' replies  If the pilot lowers the plane's wings from side to side, this means "message received and understood". (At night, the pilot flashes the plane's green lights.) If the pilots flies the plane in a clockwise circle, this means "message received but not understood".(At night, the pilot flashes the plane's red lights.)However, there is no signal which means "message not received". Why not?【小题1】 Which picture means "it's not safe land"? 【小题2】 What can we learn from the passage?A.Swinging your arm from side to side means "yes".B.If the ground is dark, light smoke can't be seen.C.If you need some medicine, make a symbol "II".D.The pilots make replies with a blue light at night.  【小题3】 What is the passage mainly about?A.The explanation of building signals on an island.B.The importance of making signals on an island.C.Ways of sending out signals on a lonely island.D.Ways of receiving signals from a lonely island
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号灰姑娘_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
&&灰姑娘英文版剧本
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Im in love with a boy, and I think this is terrible.
我与一个男孩热恋,然而我认为这是件很糟的事。
Friend of my soul, this is terrible, dismaying: it makes one's heart sink, it withers vital energy ...
我心灵的知己,这太可怕,太令人沮丧了。
我的心为之一沉,锐气消磨殆尽……
From an individual's perspective, this is terrible.
从个人角度来看,这很可怕。
"This is terrible, " Tomlinson says he told her.
据汤姆林森回忆,他当时对她说:“这太糟糕了。
This is terrible, awful — nobody trusts anybody any more, says the young Uighur woman in Shanxi Lane.
“这是很糟糕,太可怕了——没有人还会相信任何人。”山西巷年轻的维吾尔女孩说。
If I'm already a regular at the restaurant, this is terrible business; I'm going to go in and pay less for a meal I would already have eaten.
如果我是这家餐厅的常客,再去参加团购,那对于餐厅来说是桩糟糕的买卖:我会花更少的钱进去吃一顿我原本可能早就已经吃了的饭。
“This is terrible, ” she said. “You’re right.
“这太可怕了,”她说:“你说的对,这太过分了。”
Oh, no! It's happening, and I can't believe it! This is terrible… To me, cats are the crabgrass in the lawn of life!
噢,不!这终于发生了,我真不敢相信!太可怕了……对我来说,猫在我的人生中就像草坪里的马唐!
This is terrible news.
这是一则可怕的消息。
Duke: Oh, no! No! This is terrible. The king! What shall I do?
公爵:噢,不!不!这很糟糕。国王!我该做什么呢?
Well this is terrible news.
这消息糟透了。
Shane: Oh man, this is terrible!
噢男人!这真是令人讨厌!
Who could have conjectured the circumstances of my last letter? Friend of my soul, this is terrible, dismaying: it makes one's heart sink, it withers vital energy…
谁能猜想到我上次写信的境况呢?我心灵的知己,这太可怕,太令人沮丧了我的心为之一沉,浑身的锐气消磨殆尽……
Friend of my soul, this is terrible, dismaying: it makes one's heart sink, it withers vital energy
我心灵的知己,这太可怕,太令人沮丧了。
"This is terrible, " says the Irishman. "What're we going to do?
“这太糟糕了,”爱尔兰人说道,“我们该怎么办?”
It is reported that over two-fifths of the students in a certain school smoke, and some of them even steal money to buy cigarettes, This is terrible.
据报道,在某一个学校的学生有五分之二吸烟,他们中的一些人甚至偷钱买烟,这是可怕的。 。
What is he doing? No. No! No, this is terrible!
他在做什么?不!不!这简直是在乱搞。
This is terrible misery, if only we would let it touch our heart: to lie captive in this way in hell and torment forever, with nothing but wailing and gnashing of teeth.
这是可怕的痛苦,如果我们仅仅用心想一下:在地狱里做这样的俘虏并永远受折磨,除了哭泣和切齿以外什么都没有。
This is terrible, May. I'm going to phone head office to talk about it.
太糟糕了,梅。我要打电话回总部汇报一下。
Duke: Oh, no! No! This is terrible The king! What shall I do?
噢,不!不!这很糟糕。国王!我该做什么呢?
Chu Xuan shook to shake head a way:"Is each terrible slices of all have its possible living creature use, for example ……you know the star river war brigade this is terrible slice of of?"
楚轩摇了摇头道:“每一部恐怖片都有其可能的生物用处,比如……你知道星河战队这部恐怖片的吧?
Henny Penny: This is terrible, just terrible Wed better hurry up.
这太可怕,实在太可怕了!我们的动作要快点。
This is terrible. - Why?
这太糟糕了-为什么?
This is terrible. - Why?
这太糟糕了-为什么?
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!

我要回帖