您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
初中英语竞赛题分类解与练(含答案解析)
&&&热&&&&&★★★
初中英语竞赛题分类解与练(含答案解析)
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 22:31:27
(4)☆☆☆☆
Once a tiger was caught in a cage . Soon a good man went by . When __1___ saw the man , the tiger began to __2___ , “Please ! Please ! Please let me __3___ .” “__4___ .” said the good man . “___5__ I do , you will eat me .” “I will not eat you ,” the tiger said , “Please let me out .”
The good man believed the tiger . He __6___ the door of the cage . The tiger jumped out . “How stupid(愚蠢的) you are ,” the tiger ___7___ “Now I am going to eat you .” “Wait” the man cried . “It is wrong for you to eat me . Let us ask others what they think .” “you may ask __8__others,” the tiger said .
The good man asked a tree . The tree said , “I give shade(遮阳) . Yet I am cut down . Let the tiger eat __9___ .” Next . the good man asked a bird . The bird said , “I hurt _10____ . Yet people hunt and kill me . Let the tiger eat you .” For the last time the good man asked the roads . The road said , “I don’t care if the tiger eats you . People could not get along too well __11___ me . Yet all day long people step on me without even a ‘thank you’ .”
The tiger was ready to eat the good man . __12___ a dog came by . “What __13___ ?” asked the dog . The man told the dog the whole story . “ I don’t understand ,” said the dog . “The tiger wants to eat you because you __14___ the cage ?” “No, no ,” said the man . “ __15___ put him in a cage .” “Oh,” the dog said , “he is going to eat you because you don’t have a cage .” “Stupid dog !” the tiger said , “___16___ you understand ? I was in the cage . This man let me out .” “Oh, I see ,” the dog said , “When the man was in the cage , you let him out .” “I was in the cage !” the tiger cried . “ ___17__ !” with that , he jumped back into the cage . ___18___ , the dog closed the door of the cage . Oh, the dog laughed .
The good man said , “___19___ I understand !” The good man and the dog walked off and the tiger looked sad . If he waited long enough , perhaps , __20____ good man would come by.
1. A.the good man B.the tiger C.the dog D.the bird
2. A.smile B.shout C.eat D.jump
3. A.in B.out C.help D.eat
4. A.No B.Ok C.All right D.No hurry
5. A.Because B.Whether C.If D.For
6. A.looked at B.knocked at C.closed D.opened
7. A.talked B.jumped C.worried D.laughed
8. A.every B.a few C.all D.each
9. A.me B.you C.him D.them
10. A.no one B.any one C.some one D.one
11. A.with B.to C.for D.at
12. A.When B.While C.Just then D.Just now
13. A.are you B.is happening C.is the time D.about the story
14. A.put him in B.let him out of C.don’t put him in D.don’t let him out of
15. A.Some more men B.Many men C.Some other men D.Other men and I
16. A.Do B.Don’t C.Are D.Aren’t
17. A.Just this B.Only this C.Like this D.Look this
18. A.Quickly B.Slowly C.Sadly D.Loudly
19. A.At the end B.At times C.At first D.Now
20. A.the other B.other C.another D.the others
(1997年全国中学生英语能力初赛初三试题)
命 题 目 的
解 题 点 拨
Get on well with sb. “和某人相处融洽”
Just then “就在那时”
What is happening ?“发生什么事?”
②词汇含义与用法
Shout “叫喊”,老虎被关在笼子里,目前只能“叫喊”。
Out是副词,“请放我出去”
If“如果”,引导的是条件状语从句。
others是复数,所以A、D不正确,根据意思是“你可以问所有别的人。
老虎要吃的是那人,you代替 “the man” .
谓语是行为动词understand,助动词应用do,本句意为“难道你不理解吗?”
like是介词, like this“就像这样”
quickly指行动迅速。
another“再一,又一”;the other和the others特指“别的,别人”.
⑤上下文推理
从下文的 “the tiger began to shout”可以推出此处被困在笼子里的老虎看到一个人。
下句的意思是“如果我放了你,你会吃掉我”,此处那人一定是拒绝了老虎的请求。
根据上文那人相信了老虎的话,此处指那人打开了笼门,放老虎出来。
老虎自由了,它笑了。
本句意为“我从未伤害过谁,然而人们还是想抓住我,想杀我”
“把他关在笼子里”。
此处强调不是自己关的老虎,而是“某些别的人”。
现在老虎又被关在笼子里了,那人才理解狗是在装疯卖傻。
(5)☆☆☆☆
One evening Peter went home and said to his wife , “You have been a very good wife .You __1___ in the home . You have ___2__ me some very good meals . You have looked after _3__ very well . Today is your birthday and I have bought you a __4__ !”
“ Oh, thank you ,” said his wife . “This is a piece of good __5__ ! What have you bought me ?”
“ I’ve bought you a watch ,” said Peter . He took it out for his wife to ___6__ but he ___7__ it .
“Oh, dear !” he said , “I’ve dropped it .” He began to ___8__ it on the floor , but it was __9__ inside their little house and he could not see anything . He went __10__ and began to look for the watch in the __11___ .
__12___ a friend came along . “What’s the matter ?” he asked Peter .
“I’ve lost a watch ?” said Peter .
“I’m __13___ to hear that ,” said his friend . “Let me help you to look for it . __14___ did you lose it ?”
“Inside the house ,” said Peter . “I lost it there .”
“Inside the house ?” said his friend . ‘You’ve lost it indoors and you are looking for it outdoors . I don’t ___15__ . I don’t think that’s very __16___ .”
“Let me explain ,” said Peter . “It is very dark inside my house . I can’t see very well . I shall __17___ find the watch there . But out here the __18___ are bright . I can see much more __19____ . This is a much better __20___ to look .”
Peter’s friend said nothing . He looked at Peter and said , “Goodbye , Peter , ” and went away .
1. A.have worked hard B.stayed long C.were back D.were ill
2. A.bought B.brought C.had D.cooked
3. A.the dog B.the family C.my wife D.the watch
4. A.match B.meal C.watch D.meat
5. A.news B.meal C.watch D.meat
6. A.have B.see C.do D.keep
7. A.found B.broken C.dropped D.threw
8. A.pick up B.find out C.go after D.look for
9. A.dark B.bright C.cold D.clean
10. A.back B.outside C.inside D.on
11. A.house B.office C.floor D.street
12. A.Just then B.Just now C.At time D.Long ago
13. A.glad B.ill C.sorry D.clear
14. A.When B.Where C.How D.Who
15. A.understand B.guess C.want D.find
16. A.wrong B.interesting C.happy D.clever
17. A.easily B.never C.even D.ever
18. A.rooms B.cars C.lights D.floors
19. A.slowly B.brightly C.clearly D.nearly
20. A.room B.place C.watch D.light
(1997年全国中学生英语能力决赛初三试题)
命 题 目 的
解 题 点 拨
look for “寻找”
just then “就在那时”
I’m sorry to do sth. 此句型用于听到不幸的事表示遗憾。
②词汇含义与用法
该句时态应一致,都用完成时。
目的是把手表拿出来给妻子看,see “看见”。
根据下文可知,他把手表弄掉了,drop“丢失”。
understand“理解”,朋友不明白,因为表丢失在屋里,他却在外面的街道上寻找。
这样做是愚蠢的,clever“聪明的”。
街上的光线好,当然看得很清楚,clearly“清晰地”。
③逻辑推理
常识性知识
因Peter还没把表拿出来给妻子看,所以可推理出妻子认为这是“一则好消息”。
屋里光线暗,只有到外面去找。
房子的外面应是“街道”。
Peter解释是屋里光线暗,永远也找不到。
街上能发亮的是路灯。
④上下文推理
本句后是meals提示此处是cook sb. a meal “为某人烧饭”。
狗和手表明显不正确,You这儿就是指 “my wife”,应是“照顾全家”。
下文中 “I’ve lost a watch”暗示此处给妻子的生日礼物是“手表”。
屋里找不到,因为里面光线暗。
答句是地点,因此是用where提问的。
place 指代上文提到的街道。
(6)☆☆☆☆
A young woman __1___ alone through the country . It __2___ dark and raining . Suddenly she saw an old woman by the side of the __3____ , holding her hand out as if she __4___ a lift .
“I can’t ___5___ her out in this weather ,” the woman said to herself , so she stopped the car and opened the __6___ .
“Do you want a lift ?” she asked , the old woman nodded and __7___ the car . After a while she said to the old woman , “Have you __8___ for a long time ?” The old woman shook her head . “Strange,” ___9__ the young woman . She tried again , “Bad weather for the time ___10__ year ,” she said . The old woman nodded . Although the driver tried some more , the lady said __11___ except for a nod of the ___12__ or something else .
Then the young woman __13___ the lady’s hands, they were very large and with thick hair . Suddenly she knew the lady was a ___14____! She stopped the car . “I can’t see that mirror __15___ ,” she said , “Would you mind cleaning it for me ?” The lady nodded and __16___ the door .
As soon as the lady was ___17__ the car , the woman drove off quickly .
When she got to the next village she ___18__ .She found that the old lady had left a ___19___ behind . She picked it up and opened it . She gave out a deep breath . ___20__ the bag was a gun !
1.A.has driven B.had driven C.was driving D.drove
2.A.was getting B.did C.was doing D.was coming
3.A.hill B.trees C.country D.road
4.A.liked B.asked C.had D.needed
5.A.throw B.leave C.make D.let
6.A.door B.car C.glass D.had
7.A.took in B.get off C.climbed into D.went to
8.A.lain B.kept C.sat D.waited
9.A.thought B.said C.spoke D.talked
10.A.out B.off C.in D.of
11.A.nothing B.anything C.something D.everything
12.A.hand B.head C.face D.eye
13.A.searched B.knew C.saw D.looked
14.A.boy B.girl C.woman D.man
15.A.quickly B.clearly C.carefully D.slowly
16.A.opened B.turned C.closed D.put
17.A.on B.out of C.into D.in
18.A.feared B.slept C.stood D.stopped
19.A.shoe B.box C.handbag D.watch
20.A.On B.Out of C.Inside D.Outside
(1999年全国中学生英语能力初赛初三试题)
命 题 目 的
解 题 点 拨
climb into 爬进
wait for 等待
the time of year 每年这个时候
be out of 在……外面
inside 在……里面
②词汇含义与用法
此处指一个年青的妇女正开车经过一个村子,应用过去进行时
get“变得”
need “需要”
leave “丢”
see强调结果“看见”;look是不及物动词,用look at + 宾语。
clearly“清晰地”
③逻辑推理
常识性知识
此妇女在路上开车,应在路边看到人。
这位妇女想给人搭便车,当然该开车门。
这位妇女很奇怪乘客不说话,这是心中所想。
点头表示赞同对方。
此人的特点:手很大,覆有厚厚的毛,由此推断此人是男的。
驾驶员要求乘客去擦窗户靠外的玻璃,那么他只得开门去擦。
④上下文推理
本句理解:虽然驾驶员尽量讲了不少话,但那位“妇女”除了点一下头或什么别的外一句话也不说。
开到了下一个车站,她才停下车。
下文中提到包里有把枪,所以那人丢下的是一个手提包。
(7)☆☆☆☆
Policemen were called __1___ a shop in Southend early ___2__Christmans morning. When they __3__they found two burglars (破门偷盗者) were kept in a lift___4___a heavy box of money. The two men were in the twenties. They__5___an office in the ___and took the money box and ran __6___the lift. They did not see the sign__7___the door saying that it__8__no more than two people.
“They were kept between the _9___because they __10__a heavy box,” the police officer said, “they __11__there for six hours,__12__on what they hoped to be their Christmas__13__.They were doing this at a time when people were at ___15___ for the Christmas with their families. It was a very special_16__when the policemen__17__the door and they walked__18__holding our arms. They said they had never been___19__pleased to see policemen.” The policeman said they were pleased to see them policemen said they were pleased to see them __20__.
1.A.up B.by C.on D.for
2.A.one Bon C.in D.of
3.A.reach B. got C.arrived D.were
4.A.with B.take C.on D.in
5. A.broke up B.broke out C.broke D.broke into
6. A.street B.station C.shop D.box
7. A.out B.into C.inside D.off
8. A.on B.in C.by D.to
9. A.runs B.drives C.makes D.carries
10. A.earth B.ground C.floors D.floor
11. A.lifted B.took C.brought D.made
12. A.were kept B.kept C.were taken D.were hit
13. A.sits B.sit C.sat D.sitting
14. A.box B.tree C.present D.money
15. A.work B.home C.ease D.place
16. A.happy B.hurry C.moment D.worry
17. A.opened B.closed C.turned D.shut
18. A.away B.off C.in D.out
19. A.much B.very C.too D.so
20. A.too B.either C.neither D.also
(1999年全国中学生英语能力决赛初三试题)
命 题 目 的
解 题 点 拨
break into 破门而入
run into 跑进……
a very special moment “很特别的时刻”
walk out “走出来”
②词汇含义与用法
此句是被动语态,介词 “by + 名词”充当宾语。
节日和星期前用介词on ;in + 一段时间
arrive “到达”,依据文意应用一般过去时。
with表示随身携带的意思。
carry指运送重物。
take“拿走”,bring“带来”。
被动语态,“他们被关在电梯里6个小时”。
这是动词的现在分词,表示状态,作状语用。
either用于否定句末尾;too用于肯定句末尾;also用于句中。
③逻辑推理
常识性知识
标记总是标在门上。
过圣诞节,人们大都团聚在家中。
④上下文推理
文章第一句提到某商店打电话找警察,此处指小偷偷了这家商店的办公室。
小偷乘的是电梯,应该被困在某楼层之间的电梯中。
“坐在他们所希望的圣诞礼物上”,这儿的礼物就是他们偷走的钱箱。
小偷被关在电梯中,警察来了当然要先开门,再抓人。
本句意为“这两个小偷说他们真高兴能见到警察(以前从未有过)
Ⅱ. 竞赛题练习20篇
Two friends __1___ a bear when they went through a forest __2__ . One of them ran to __3___ tree and climbed up very quickly . He forgot his friend . He thought only of __4___ . His friend __5___ bears __6___ dead men . __7___ he __8___ when the bear came to him . Then the bear went away . The man called his friend in the tree , “You can __9__ now .” The man smiled and asked , “What did the bear say to you ?” His friend answered , “He said I needed a new __10____ .”
1. A.looked for B.met C.looked at D.watched
2. A.by bus B.by bike C.on foot D.by car
3. A.the nearest B.the good C.a taller D.a biggest
4. A.himself B.his mother C.the bear D.his girl friend
5. A.knew B.thought C.saw D.watched
6. A.wasn’t like B.needn’t find C.didn’t eat D.couldn’t touch
7. A.And B.So C.But D.Because
8. A.moved B.ran C.opened his eyes D.didn’t move
9. A.climb up B.get up C.stay e down
10. A.teacher B.dress C.house D.friend
(97年全国中学生能力竞赛初二组初赛)
Sam: Tomorrow is Saturday . What ___1___ ?
John: Let’s have a picnic .
Mike: __2___ !
Sam: ___3__ can we go ?
John: To the big park .
Mike: To the beach .
Sam: There __4___ going to be a lot of people at the beach . Let’s go to ___5__ .
Mike: You always like __6___ . OK! How do we __7___ there ?
Sam: By bus . __8___ is one at nine o’clock .
John: __9___ do we meet ?
Sam: Eight thirty at the bus stop . And I want to bring some __10___ .
John and Mike: We can bring something to drink .
1. A.day is it B.do you think of it C.are you doing D.are we going to do
2. A.Great B.Thank goodness C.Well D.Oh dear
3. A.Where B.How C.When D.Why
4. A./ B.are C.was D.were
5. A.the beach B.the zoo C.the park D.the picnic
6. A.my picnic B.his ideas C.his park D.many people
7. A.reach B.e D.get
8. A.The bus B.He C.It D.There
9. A.How B.When C.Where D.When and Where
10. A.chicken and dumplings B.desks and chairs C.books and pens D.water and porridge
(97年全国中学生能力竞赛初二组初赛)
One Saturday morning John and his mother went ___1__ a shoe shop __2___John a pair of new shoes . Mrs. Lee put her bag on a chair ___3__ she looked at some shoes . She could not see __4___ she liked and went away . suddenly she said , “Oh, my bag , someone __5___ it away !” All __6___ people in the shop stopped ___7__ and looked at her . John ran after the man at once . A few minutes _8____ , John came back with __9___ . He gave it to his mother . She opened the bag and had a look in ___10__ . Then she said , “Oh, good , everything is still there .”
1.A.for B.by C.on D.to
2.A.to buy B.to give C.to take D.got
3.A.some B.any shoes C.any bags D.shops
4.A.so B.but C.when D.how
5.A.went B.had C.took D.got
6.A.another B.the other C.any D.the others
7.A.saying B.sitting C.thinking D.talking
8.A.after B.later C.past D.earlier
9.A.the bag B.the shoes C.tha man D.his mother
10.A.one B.it C.them D.him
(97年全国中学生能力竞赛初二组决赛)
Let me tell you an interesting story . After I __1___ a small village ___2__ Farmland of France , I drove on to __3____ village . On the way __4__ it , a young man asked for a lift . When he got into __5___ , I ___6__ good morning to him in ___7__ and he answered in __8___ language . I knew __9___ French words so we didn’t speak after that . When we reached the village , the young man asked very slowly , “Do you speak English ?” I knew at once he is English __10___ !
1. A.moved B.left C.lived in D.drove
2. A.call B.calls C.called D.calling
3. A.the B.that C.the next D.an
4. A.for B.from C.of D.to
5. A.the car B.Farmland C.the train D.the village
6. A.told B.spoke C.said D.talked
7. A.French B.English C.Chinese D.Japanese
8. A.a different B.the different C.a same D.the same
9. A.a lot of B.few C.a little D.many
10.A.myself B.himself C.herself D.itself
(97年全国中学生能力竞赛初二组决赛)
5 ☆☆☆☆
Getting plenty of exercise is very important . I enjoy __1___ very much . __2___ , I went to the beach every day , I plan __3___ there this summer too , but I may not be able to . I have __4___ new job , sometimes I have to work until __5___ at night . Although I now work more hours than I used to , __6___ I do receive ___7__ larger salary . I didn’t receive __8___ pay on my old job . I like ___9__ new job , but had I known that it would take up so much of my free time , I ___10__ it . I __11___ swimming to spending money .
I __12___ that riding a bike is good exercise . Maybe I will be able to __13___ enough money to buy a bike . My neighbour, ___14__ , has a bicycle that I could __15___ , but I would rather own my own bike . If I used __16___ , I would worry about damaging it . Since I make more money now , __17___ I think that I can __18___ to buy my own . Getting a bike is really a good idea , because while I am riding to and from work , I will be __19___ at the same time. It’s easler to get to the beach by bike , too . I might be able to go swimming every day after all . This new job is great ! I’m very __20____ This will be a summer full of exercise .
1. A.to swim B.swimming C.swim D.the swim
2. A.In last summer B.During last summer C.Last summer D.last summer
3. A.go B.going C.to go D. to going
4. A./ B. a C.the D.some
5. A.lately B.late C.very long D.black
6. A./ B.but C.however D.moreover
7. A./ B.a C.the D.some
8. A.some B.many C.each D.much
9. A.some B.a C.my D.its
10. A.will not take B.won’t take C.wouldn’t have taken D.an not takes
11. A.better enjoy B.enjoy better C.rather D.prefer
12. A.hearing people say B.have heard C.listen D.am hear
13. A.saving B.keep C.save D.maintain
14. A.The Mrs. Wilson B.the Mr. Wilson C.Mrs. Wilson D.Mrs. Wilson
15. A.borrow from him B. lend me C.lend from her D.borrow from her
16. A./ B.his C.the her one D.hers
17. A./ B.therefore C.and D.so
18. A.enjoying B.want C.afford D./
19. A.making exercise B.do exercise C.getting exercises D.exercise
20. A.excited B.exciting C.excite D.many excitements
北京中学生英语竞赛(一)
6 ☆☆☆☆
My wife and I have always enjoy travelling by sea , and last year we had a long trip . Although our holiday was rather expensive we thought that the ___1__ standard of accommodation , the first-class food and ___2__ interesting places we saw __3___ the price we paid .
We found that most of the other __4___ were friendly and ___5__ , but there was one man , ___6__ , who made us unhappy , and not __7____ us but all __8___ who had meals with us at the same table . Whatever subject we talked about , it seemed that he was ___9__ it . He had , apparently , read more books , visited more ___10___ and studied more languages than anyone else . After a few days , we ate our meals in __11___ , because nobody wanted to __12___ a conversation that would soon be taken up by __13___ .
Then my wife had an idea . Fortunately , the ship had a library , and she suggested that we __14__ of an unusual subject , look it up in an encyclopaedia and then __15____ it at dinner . If it were unusual enough Mr. James could not __16___ know anything about it . The subject we __17___ was “ English Agriculture in the Eleventh Century”.At dinner that night we talked a lot about this subject . Mr. James was __18____ . We realized we had at last __19____ to find ___20__ he knew little about .
1. A.new B.good C.high D.tall
2. A.many B.the many C.the few D.some
3. A.well were worth B.were worth well C.worth well were D.were well worth
4. A.passengers B.ships C.captains D.women
5. A.shy B.careful C.cruel D.interesting
6. A.the Mr. James B.ashy B.careful C.cruel D.interesting
6. A.the Mr. James B.a Mr. James C.Mr. James D.some Mr. James
7. A.only B.for C.like D.out of
8. A.the other B.the others C.others D.the other one
9. A.worried about B.listening to C.satisfied with D.good at
10. A.cities B.villages C.countries D.universities
11. A.silence B.surprise C.public D.secret
12. A.interrupt B.cause C.begin D.stop
13. A.my wife B.this man D.the others D.other people
14. A.had thought B.would think C.thought D.think
15. A.tell his about B.forget C.ask about D.talk about
16. A.certainly B.possibly C.mainly D.quickly
17. A.expressed B.gave C.chose D.required
18. A.silent B.noisy C.calm D.active
19. A.wanted B.returned C.e
20. A.anything B.something C.nothing D.everything
北京中学生英语竞赛(二)
7 ☆☆☆☆
Mr. Thomas and his wife had taken their nine-year-old grand-daughter to Paris for a short holiday . One morning they set off for a _1___ on one of the Metro lines where the trains run on rubber wheels . In changing from one line to __2__ the child was _3___ behind on the platform in the rush to get on the train . __4__ that Mr. and Mrs. Thomas could do was __5__ out at the next station and ask a station official to telephone back to __6__ the child taken care of . They caught the very __7__ train back and felt pleased to see the little girl __8__ patiently on a bench on the opposite platform .
__9___ they had crossed __10___ , the child had vanished . An official told them that he had __11__ her (in French , of course ) and she had immediately run away . __12__ followed an hour of searching every passage in the station until __13__ Mr. Thomas went to the police , who agreed to __14__ the search .One police officer had the __15__ idea of telephoning the hotel where they were staying . _16__ a relief to hear that the child had been saved by a _17____ young lady and brought __18__ to the hotel ! The child , who spoke no French , had __19___ the name of the Metro station near __20__ .
1. A.rest B.play C.ride D.walk
2. A.others B.the other C.other D.another
3. A.left B.fallen C.taken D.passed
4. A.What B.All C.So D.Now
5. A.get B.to get C.got D.getting
6. A.ask B.let C.make D.have
7. A.big B.fast C.next D.last
8. A.to sit B.sat C.sitting D.sit
9. A.By the time B.By the way C.In no time D.On the way
10. A.round B.down C.back D.over
11. A.laughed at B.spoken to C.found out D.played with
12. A.That B.There C.Also D.Never
13. A.quickly B.though C.finally D.always
14. A.begin with B.go on with C.finish D.stop
15. A.clever B.foolish C.slow D.polite
16. A.Where B.Why C.What D.How
17. A.worried B.rude C.bad D.kind
18. A.over B.back C.out D.up
19. A.forgotten B.given C.answered D.learned
20. A.the train B.the platform C.Paris D.the hotel
北京中学生英语竞赛(三)
8 ☆☆☆☆
Once the King of India fell ill and sent for the __1___ . The doctor came , examined him and said , “You will be well again in a few days if you take bull’s milk .”
The King was very __2__ , for he never heard of a bull that gave milk . “How is it possible ?” he asked . “Order Gulbo the scholar to get it for you . He can do __3___ .” The doctor was __4___ to Gulbo and thought this would be a way of making him suffer . When the King told Gulbo __5__ the doctor said and ordered him to get bull’s milk , Gulbo immediately __6__ what the doctor was trying to do .
When he got home , he sat thinking how to ___7___ the difficulty . His daughter , seeing him __8___ , asked what was the matter . On hearing what the King asked for she said , “Don’t worry , father . I will help you .”
__9___ she took some old clothes , went to the bank of the river near the _10____ , and chose a place below the King’s bedroom windows in the middle of the _11____ , when everyone was in bed , she started to do her washing . She made so much noise that the King was very angry and sent a guard to ___12__ what was the matter . The soldier found the girl and __13___ her to the King . “Why do you wash your clothes here at night ?” asked the King .
The girl pretended to be afraid , and said , “I _14____ wash clothes at night . This afternoon my __15___ had a baby . I was busy all day because of that . Then I found there were no __16___ clothes for the baby , so I had to come and wash them now .”
“What ?” cried the King , “Are you trying to __17___ a fool of me ? Who ever heard of a man having a baby ?”
“Well , if __18___ himself orders someone to get bull’d milk for him , __19___ can’t a man have a baby ?”
The King smiled and said , “You must be Gulbo’s daughter . Go and tell your father that he may keep the __20___ for his lovely baby .”
1.A.son B.wife C.servant D.doctor
2.A.glad B.sorry C.surprised D.frightened
3.A.anything B.something C.nothing D.things
4.A.a friend B.an enemy C.a neighbour D.a schoolmate
5.A.that B.what C.why D.which
6.A.thought B.asked C.believed D.understood
7.A.work out B.keep up with C.get out of D.go on with
8.A.angry B.worried C.disappointed D.happy
9.A.One day B.The other day C.The next day D.Tomorrow
10.A.garden B.palace C.office D.bridge
11.A.night B.palace C.garden D.day
12.A.find B.find out C.look for D.explain
13.A.gave B.drove C.carried D.led
14.A.could B.should C.had to D.might
15.A.sister B.mother C.father D.aunt
16.A.new B.clean C.clear D.old
17.A.make B.take C.have D.do
18.A.Gulbo B.a man C.the doctor D.the King
19.A.when B.where C.why D.how
20.A.bull’s milk B.cow’s milk C.clean clothes D.old clothes
北京中学生英语竞赛(四)
A man wanted to buy a hat , so he went to a hat shop and spoke to the assistant , “I__1___ buy a hat , please ,” he said . “Can I try on ____2__ , please ?”
“Of course,” the assistant answered and he brought __3__ several hats .
The man ___4__ one by one but he didn’t like __5___ of them . “This one is too big and this one doesn’t ___6__ very nice and this one must be too cheap . Would you mind bringing __7___ hats , please ?” “__8___ ,” the assistant said . He went to the back of the shop and brought out some more hats. “Let’s try this one ,” the man said . “No, I’m afraid it’s too wide .” “What about this one ?” “No, I’m afraid it isn’t ___9__ . None of the hats are the right size ,” the man said . The assistant was very angry now .” “The hats are all right , sir,”he said , “but I’m afraid your __10___ isn’t the right size .”
1. A.would B.would to C.like D.would like to
2. A.more B.a few C.a lot D.a little
3. A.to B.from C.on D.in
4. A.put them on B.take them on C.tried them on D.wore them
5. A.one B.any C.all D.every
6. A.look B.feel C.be D.see
7. A.some B.several C.a few more D.any
8. A.Yes, I would B.No at all C.Yes. You’re welcome D.Certainly
9. A.enough wide B.cheap enough C.wide enough D.very wide
10. A.mind B.heard C.heart D.hand
(98年 安徽省初三竞赛)
About 70 million Americans are trying to lose weight . It is almost one out of __1___ three people in the United States . Some people go on diets .This __2___ they eat less of certain foods , especially fats and sugars . Other people exercise with special equipment , take medicine , __3___ even have surgery . Losing weight is hard work , but it can also cost a lot of money . So _4___ do so many people in the United States want to lose weight ?
Many people in the United States are anxious for looking __5___ and pleasure . To many people ___6__ good means being thin . Other people worry about their __7___ . Many doctors say being overweight is unhealthy . But are Americans really fat ?
Almost 30 million Americans weigh at least 20 percent less than their proper weight . __8___, the United States is the most overweight country in the world . “The stored __9___ of adult Americans weighs 2,300 million pounds ,” said an American scientist . He said burning off that stored energy would produce __10___ power for 900,000 cars to go 12,000 miles . Although losing weight is hard work , most people want to find a fast and easy way to take off fat .
1. A.the B.all C.every D.these
2. A.tells B.means C.shows D.asks
3. A.or B.that C.which D.until
4. A.what B.how C.when D.why
5. A.ready B.worried C.young D.old
6. A.being B.looking C.eating D.acting
7. A.friends B.looks C.health D.work
8. A.And B.In fact C.At least D.At once
9. A.energy B.meat C.fat D.beef
10. A.strong B.great C.enough D.much
(98年 安徽省初三竞赛)
Tom is a thirteen-year-old boy . He is tall and strong . And he ran faster than __1____ in his class . So he was often proud of it . Two weeks _2___ a new student came . His name is Dick . He is thin and short . But his classmates found he ran very fast when they were playing football . Henry , one of Tom’s friends , told him about ___3__ . Of course , he didn’t believe it :
“Why __4__ a race with him ?” said Henry .
“It’s a good idea !” said Tom , “Go to tell the boy . I’ll have a race with him tomorrow .”
The next afternoon , when the classes were over , Tom got ready __5___ the race . He was sure he could win the first place . Henry didn’t __6___ his homework and couldn’t go with him . That evening Henry went to see his friend . They began to ___7__ about the race . Tom’s grandma heard them in the next room . She came in and asked , “Which place did you __8__ , Tom?”
“The second place , Grandma ,” answered Tom .
“Congratulations to you !” the old woman said __9__ .And which place did Dick win ?”
“The last ___10__ one .”
1. A.any other boy B.any boys C.any other boys D.any other’s boy
2. A.before B.late C.ago D.then
3. A.this B.it C.that D.them
4. A.have B.have not C.having D.not have
5. A.to B.for C.about D.by
6. A.finish B.get C.do D.find
7. A.tell B.speak C.say D.talk
8. A.arrive at B.reach C.get D.see
9. A.very happy B.happily C.happyly D.happy
10. A.but B.or C.and D.as
(四川省第六届中学生英语能力竞赛初三组)
We live in a village and have several children , so we always get up early . My husband is a famous singer ___1__ he is now working , he always comes down to breakfast at the time . some people think it is __2___ that we choose to live in the village , but my husband __3___ it a relaxation(休息) from the constant(不断的) __44__ when he is working . When he goes to foreign countries , we __5__ go with him and rent a house for the children . Perhaps __6__ is wrong to take them everywhere but I remember __7__ lonely I was in my childhood when my parents were __8__ and I know my husband does not like being separated __9___ the children because they are always his first thing , even when he is __10___ in front of __11__ of people . My husband wants me to __12___him in the group , but whenever he asks me , I always __13__ . The excitement of being a singer does not __14___ very much to me , but when I am in the village , and I feel the wind blowing __15___ my hair , I am happy .
1. A.Whether B.If C.Because D.Though
2. A.good B.interesting C.lucky D.strange
3. A.says B.tries C.finds D.looks
4. A.travelling B.talking C.walking D.speaking
5. A.usually B.never C.seldom D.something
6. A.this B.that C.it D.which
7. A.how B.what C.why D.very
8. A.in danger B.away C.unhappy D.in trouble
9. A.with B.of C.off D.from
10. A.writing B.studying C.singing D.saying
11. A.a thousand B.thousands C.one thousand D.several thousand
12. A.join B.leave C.please D.help
13. A.agree B.think C.try D.say “no”
14. A.do B.give C.mean D.bring
15. A.through B.with C.off D.into
(98年宁波市初三英语竞赛决赛)
Llewellyn , Prince of North Wales , had a faithful dog , Gelert , that went with him everywhere and that he was very fond of . But one day the Prince went out __1__ and he told Gelert to stay at home and guard the Prince’s baby son . Gelert obediently lay down by the cradle of the baby , and Llewellyn went away.
When he returned in the evening, Gelert came out joyfully __2___ him , and the Prince was horrifiled to see that the baby’s cradle was overturned , the bedclothes and floor _3___ with blood and there was blood round Gelert’s mouth . The baby was nowhere __4__ . The Prince thought the dog __5__ the child and wild with rage and fear he drew his sword and thrust it into Gelert’s heart .The _6___ cry of the dog __7__ by a child’s cry . Llewellyn looked round hastily , and there , under the torn and bloodstained blankets was his baby son , quite safe .
And beside it was the baby of a huge wolf that Gelert had killed in __8__his mater’s son .
Llewellyn was so filled with sorrow that it _9___ he never smiled again .He buried Gelert , and ever since , the place __10__ as Beddgelert , which means “The Grave of Gelert”.
1. A.hurn B.to hurnt C.hunting D.to be hunted
2. A.meet B.to meet C.meeting D.to have me
3. A.had covered B.have covered C.were covered D.have been covered
4. A.to see B.to be seen C.to have seen D.to have been seen
5. A.kills B.was killing C.has killed D.had killed
6. A.dead B.died C.to die D.dying
7. A.follows B.followed C.was following D.was followed
8. A.defend B.defends C.defending D.to defend
9. A.says B.is saying C.will say D.is said
10. A.had known B.has been known C.had known D.had been known
(北京市第十届初中英语预赛)
One afternoon two policemen sat in a car by a straight road in Australia . They were __1___ the traffic and looking for a stolen car . One of the policemen who was driving the car saw a small plane flying __2___ them . He followed it for a few minutes because it was very __3___ .When the plane flew near to the police car , the driver saw something __4___ from it and land in a __5___ by the road . He got out of the car and walked across the field .He saw a wallet __6____ the ground and __7___ it up .Inside the wallet there was a note which ___8___ , “Oil nearly __9___ . I have to land on the road . Please ___10___ the traffic .”
1. A.seeing B.stopping C.driving D.watching
2. A.above B.after C.on D.by
3. A.small B.old C.slow D.fast
4. A.drop B.dropping C.to fall D.falling
5. A.ground B.field C.car D.traffic
6. A.by B.in C.on D.at
7. A.put B.looked C.gave D.plcked
8. A.wrote B.said C.heard D.saw
9. A.filled B.used C.finished D.left
10. A.watch B.stop C.open D.start
(北京市第十届初中英语预赛)
Things always know when a person isn’t well . At such times , things __1___ life hard for people . They have special __2___ of doing this .
When I’m not well , I can ___3___ find the things I need . The things I need ___4___ away from all the places where I except to find them . ___5__ I need something , I can not __6____ it quickly .
When we aren’t well , boxes become heavy . Doors don’t want to open . The wind becomes cold . The sun becomes too hot . Distances are ___7___ than they were when we felt __8___ .
The things around us usually do ___9___ they should if we’re well and strong . But when we aren’t things often well us that they are __10___ not our friends , but our enemies .
1. A.change B.keep C.make D.become
2. A.ideas B.ways C.days D.words
3. A.easily B.often C.always D.never
4. A.have gone B.to find C.not leave D.haven’t left
5. A.Because B.Though C.If D.Before
6. A.lose B.miss C.forget D.find
7. A.shorter B.longer C.better D.worse
8. A.fine B.ill C.tired D.strong
9. A.how B.why C.what D.which
10. A.only B.really C.suddenly D.quickly
(北京市第十届初中英语预赛)
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&